Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bugs for Breakfast

This morning Hudson and I were going about our normal morning routine. After breakfast and bath time, I get ready in the bathroom as Hudson comes in and out of the bathroom exploring the cabinets or playing with his toys. He usually stays really close to me so I feel okay with him moving about. This morning when he walked in from the hallway, he had an expression on his face that told me something was in his mouth. I've gotten good at squeezing his checks to push open his little mouth and retrieve whatever he has put in there. As I'm doing this I see somthing black in his mouth. Then I saw it....a bug!!!!! Ew, ew, ew! He had gone in the entry hallway and picked up a small black bug. I had seen it the night before but had no idea I should have picked it up so that Hudson did not eat it. I think the worst part was that after I got it out of his mouth, the bug crawled away. So gross!

Needless to say, I began to immediately clean out his mouth. I had told Jay last night that it was probably time to start brushing Hudson's teeth since our first tooth has finally come through. Now was the time! So, I scrubbed out his little mouth trying my best to clean it out. He actually enjoyed the mouth cleansing. I used this little finger brush thing, and he liked biting down on my finger.

Other than his new love for bugs, Hudson and I are doing great. He is amazing us with what he is learning. He loves making a "b" sound and telling everything bye-bye with a wave. He is crazy about books. He wants to throw them all down on the floor and search for his favorites. He doesn't like it when I put them on the shelf. He is more expressive about what he likes and doesn't like. I can see temper tanrums on the horizon, but for now I can make things better fairly quickly. All and all, life is good...even with the bugs, I suppose.

No comments: