Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hudson's Favorite Words

Hudson is learning new words, or at least parts of words, all the time now.  It's really fun to hear what he'll come up with next.  We have a doctor's appointment this week since Hudson will be 18 months, so I've been trying to count how many words he can say since that's a question the pediatrician always asks.  Here's what I came up with.

His early words were Bayee (Bailey), Dada, Moma, Bye Bye, Gigi, Ba (Pa), Baba (Papa), Ba (ball, bath, what a sheep says, really almost anything).  Notice the "b" trend??

Then he added a few more: Bee (tree and shoe/feet?), Bee Bee (beep, beep), Ah Ah (arf, arf), Chee (cheese), and Haa (hot).

Last week he decided to really work on his vocabulary and added two new words.  He said Moo (moon) and Ayee (Ally).  We're working on Susu as well. 

Despite the new words, hot is still his word of the moment.  We'll hear him wake up and lay in his bed saying "haa, haa."  I have no idea what makes him think of hot, but he loves to say it.  In fact, I think he'll eat something just because it's hot.

We're amazed at watching our little man learn so much!  

1 comment:

Elenturi said...

I'm rather behind on my reading here. ;-j I love that you not only shared his words, but also tell us what he means.