Thursday, January 27, 2011

Athan's Seventh Month









Maybe I should have been more creative in coming up with titles for Athan's monthly development. But this far into his first year I'm not changing it...

Here are the Athan changes and firsts this past month:

Athan combined the art of strength and balance enough to become an official "sitter" this month. We still keep an extra pillow behind him when we walk away, or Hudson often volunteers to be Athan's pillow when he is sitting on his own. He enjoys the view and activities this new position brings.

He also started real solid foods: peas, sweet potatoes, pears, prunes, and squash have been his first tastes. And, no, I'm not a super mom like both of my sisters who make it themselves. I opt for jarred food instead.

A first I wish he didn't achieve recently was his first real sickness. RSV and an ear infection slowed us down for awhile. We thanked God that neither were very severe. Breathing treatments and lots of medicine helped him to recover.

In the way of our daily routine, we moved to just 2 naps a day. I expected this to come much later, as it did for Hudson, but Athan seemed ready to make the change as he can stay awake longer now. He would have difficulty falling asleep for his third nap, awake alert in the middle of the night, and many days that late nap was coming at an awkward time (5:30ish). This has moved his bed time up earlier on some days. Most of the time it's somewhere between 7:30 and 8:00.

I must say I wasn't too sad about reaching the half year milestone, but now that he's on the other side of it, I'm not liking this as much. I don't want this stage to be over so soon! He is such a sweet, happy baby and loves to smile at people. He is my little cuddler. I never would have thought that we would still swaddle him! When he gets tired, he just wants to nuzzle in close and keeps turning his head until you get him situated just right. He loves his big brother and strains his head to watch what Hudson (or Bailey) does. We adore our baby A!

1 comment:

Kevin and Kelly said...

Athan is looking more and more like his beautiful momma (in a handsome way, of course)! Miss you guys!