Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our Baby Eliot

In January we found out that we were expecting another baby and quickly became excited about the thought of a little sibling for Hudson and another baby for us to love. This little one was due in September, just days before Hudson's second birthday. I spent so much time thinking about how I could get Hudson ready for this new sibling.

For reasons we will probably never know, our second little baby boy did not make it. I was in my fifth month of pregnancy when we discovered that his heart had stopped beating. Although we never met this baby while he was still living, we were able to hold him, name him, and pray over him before saying goodbye and giving him back to the Lord. We named him Eliot.

Usually, this is a place where I get to record Hudson's achievements and exciting adventures. Today I'm recording one of our greatest heartaches, but I think Eliot's name deserves mentioning on Hudson's blog. One day we will tell Hudson of his little brother and share his sweet footprints with him.
Eliot's Footprints

2 comments:

Melita said...

Jennifer & Jay,

Susan had shared your news with me, and I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am about little Eliot. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Melita Tomlinson

Recovering Perfectionist said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers heavily over the past days. I must admit that I cannot read your post without tears streaming. I'm thankful that you were able to have your moments with Eliot and The Lord, and I'm trusting that He is meeting your every need during this time.
Love in Jesus,
Jenn