Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tahlequah and The Standing Teepee

Over the Labor Day weekend, Hudson and I joined Jay and our youth group on a retreat to float the river in Tahlequah. I have made this journey several times myself and enjoy it, even though I don't enjoy the shower shoes and dingy bunk bed mattresses. Now with Hudson I didn't really even have time to notice those other discomforts. Little Hudson did not sleep well in the cabin with all the distractions there, but was really such a trooper. He has been such a good sport about traveling and has gone to so many places that most babies never go. He started early with a Miss State football game at 6 weeks, then went on to a bowl game in Memphis, a ski trip to Colorado, a Mission Trip to Texas and numerous trips to Tulsa, Dallas, and Starkville, Hudson has become a proven road warrior.

Since we've been home, I've come to notice several of my new favorites things that Hudson has done. One of my favs is what I call the "standing teepee." When Hudson starts to stand, he uses his hands to help him up. Sometimes he'll keep his head down and just rest there for awhile, thus the "standing teepee." So funny. This a picture of him starting the move. I haven't been able to capture a good picture yet.
His sense of humor is really developing as well. He makes goofy noises or faces and then lets out a little chuckle when he gets a reaction from us. Another thing I just love is after a nap when we'll stand over the crib and he'll say "ba ba" as he drops his pacifier back in the crib for later. (For those of you keeping track, we do believe this counts as his first word).



No comments: